Since biblical times, we have ultimately looked to the heavens for signs. And, because of their gift of flight, people have always perceived that birds are the messengers of gods. Their ability to view the world from above and to walk amongst us promotes an omniscient perspective towards these perfectly splendid creatures. You also might have heard of the saying: “A Bird Flew Into My Window, Is Death Knocking At My Door?“. As people have read about the birds’ tendencies and nature, one of the most common questions that arise is what does it mean when a bird hits your window?
Why Do Birds Fly Into Windows?
As naturally intelligent creatures, birds are often aware of the obstacles and predators in their environment. Although such cleverness does not spare them from the dangers of flying into a solid surface like glass, window collisions come about due to the bird’s lack of ability to recognize that the various reflections in the glass are not real.
Images of branches or feeders can confuse them into charging into a food source or a good landing spot, while seeing the likeness of clouds may urge them to push and rush to what seems like a clear flight path. Even the impression of looking at other birds may confuse them into believing that the surface beyond the glass is vast and safe.
Much like most creatures, birds feel distressed and anxious when spooked or chased after by predators such as hawks or cats. Struck with fear, it makes it even more likely for them to crash into glass as birds would scamper to safety without considering their surroundings and environment anymore. Treating the window with adornments in an attempt to make it more visible usually goes for naught as birds, even with the much-revered birds-eye-view, would react late towards such an oncoming disaster.
A Bird Hits Your Window – now what?
Even in what seems to be a pane-ful experience, different birds may indicate different omens. Hawks flying into windows mean that a message of clear vision is about to land and it would be best for you to give it your utmost attention for it may be a matter of absolute importance.
- When a hummingbird hits the window, it is a reminder of your God-given talents and your capacity to achieve even the most impossible in your life.
- As a spirit animal, doves represent love, peace, femininity, and softness. When a dove comes flying into your window, it is asking you to open yourself to your visionary abilities, your capacity to widen your perspective, your spirituality, and focus.
- Owls, often associated with darkness due to their nocturnal nature, are known to be a representation of misfortune and wickedness. When this nighttime creature flies directly and hits your window, it is an implication of our need to be wary of the events that are currently taking place in our lives and to exercise extreme caution to avert its possible ill effects. It is also a depiction of knowledge, secrecy, and wisdom.
- Eagles, known particularly for their extremely sharp eyes which they use for hunting, hit windows during flight at times as well. It is believed to be a representation of freedom and our hope faith in God. They may be calling us to mind our belief, to never go astray, and to remain faithful no matter how heavy the challenges we are facing are.
- Sparrows indicate emotional healing and a budding romance. They are a reminder that for us to be able to experience the joy of a new relationship, we must first find the courage to let go of the past, particularly how much our old relations have hurt us. It could also be a symbol of the arrival of significant events regarding both professional and personal aspects of your life, a generous offer that would essentially alter your life for the better.
- A swallow hitting your window denotes the arrival of good news wherein a close relative or a dear friend whom you haven’t seen for a while will come bearing gifts that will uplift both your body and soul.
- Ravens flying into your window are believed to represent a deep inner feeling and the encouragement to go through a certain transformation. It emphasizes to us that though changes are not always welcome, they are constantly for the better.
- Robins represent new beginnings, showing us how beautiful change is and that it should be embraced rather than feared.
The Bird Hits your Window and Stays Alive
A bird that hits your window then stands up and starts following you is believed to be a spiritual guide ho was sent for protection and act as your guardian. It may be a sign that you are heading in the wrong direction and the bird is simply leading you back to the right path, setting you straight for an improved personal, professional, and spiritual life.
Birds that hit the window may be carrying messages, encouraging us to take heed for us to surmount overwhelming obstacles. Some would say that it is a representation of death and transition. But such an occurrence does not necessarily refer to physical death. It could be a sign that your period of pain and suffering is coming to an end and that it may be time for healing and growth.
Birds flying into windows are believed to represent an end to what could be a dead-end job or a toxic relationship. It could be a reminder that overcoming such personal obstacles is not impossible, that not all options have been exhausted, and that patience is a friend. The bird, perhaps, was simply closing the door on a dark period of your life but will also be opening a new, better, and much brighter path.
Is it Bad Luck when a Bird Hits your Window and Dies?
It may be that a bird crashed into your window simply because it saw the sky’s reflection on it. This tells us to merely shrug it off and to not concern ourselves with superstitious beliefs, especially if the bird just stands, brushes its feathers off, and flies away. But then it could also mean that you are about to encounter a life-altering obstacle and that the bird’s presence is a reminder for you to prepare and fortify yourself for the looming threat.
If a bird after slamming into your window, and then for a prolonged period remains dazed or all of a sudden dies, then you should brace yourself for what could be a positive change or a spiritual death. It could be a representation of your faith somewhat losing steam, and a bird presenting itself to you is a reminder to remain faithful and hopeful, and that no matter how difficult the challenges may be your animal guide is always with you.
When birds constantly present themselves to you, it would be wise to tap on your spiritual guides to help you decipher and better understand the messages that they are trying to express. Birds hitting windows is a powerful warning that should be treated with utter importance. Traditionally, such an episode offers a terrible connotation as it translates to a loved one’s death in the near future. But the more definite interpretation as many believe is that it represents an end to a life event that you are currently experiencing.
Spiritual Meaning Of Bird Tapping On Window
Considered as messengers from God, birds are a manifestation from the spirit realm, often carrying messages with divine meanings. Recognized as repeating animals, numbers, or events, they are believed to be our spiritual guides and are perceived to be the way how our departed loved ones would communicate with us.
It is easy to believe that when a bird taps on your window that it is simply trying to catch your attention. People see this as an opportunity to stop and take notice of certain affairs or people that you might have neglected or forgotten. Its interpretation highly differs for when a bird smashes into your window as it might be an indication of a physical, emotional, or spiritual obstacle that you are about to encounter.
Here are a few spiritual representations of why a bird would tap on your window:
- You may be living your life too fast. They serve as your reminder to slow down and enjoy life.
- It might be some sort of notice that a rough transition is about to take place.
- A bird hitting your window might symbolize the end of an era and the start of a new chapter in your life.
- It allows us to realize that losing something doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s bad. It might simply be an indication that it is the perfect time to let go of the things and even the people who upset us or don’t serve their purpose.
- They act as suggestions to part ways with habits that are hindering our progress and to clear space for new and finer things to come, allowing you to grow and move forward.
- A bird tapping on your window should not be a cause for panic since it is a confirmation that you are walking on the right path; that through these endings, you are making room for new opportunities.
- It could be a manifestation of future financial gains flying into you in abundance.
- Birds tapping on your window are asking you to clear the blockages such as relationships and things that are not serving you good.
- Due to birds being related to gods and the souls of the departed, people believed that birds flying into windows are announcing the death of a person dear to you. But, it may only be serving its purpose as a warning for us to be more attentive and watchful for signs of imminent danger in the coming days.
- When a bird tries to catch our attention, it might be asking us to take notice of events that might cause us harm.
- Birds tapping on our windows remind us of our need to clear some obstacles for us to easily achieve our goals. They remind us to deal with certain matters that we have been avoiding due to the fear of the consequences.
- It could be a manifestation of your spiritual guide’s attempt to train your attention on details that you may have missed, stimulating you spiritually to deal with issues that you should have dealt with sooner.
The occurrence of birds pecking on your window is common which is why interpretations of whether they are messages from the spirit realm or a sign of an impending omen appear. Since birds are a symbolic image of knowledge and freedom, the spiritual meaning of a bird begging for your attention is something that we need to take notice of.
Whether it is the end of a difficult phase or a sign that your current situation is about to get better, this phenomenon serves as your guide in cleaning both your physical and emotional being to make room for a more excellent period of your life. It reminds us that tough endings are painful, they are not eternal, and that maybe you are ready for your life’s next chapter. When a bird enters your house it’s got a different meaning.
What To Do If A Bird Hits Your Window?
Birds crashing into windows happen frequently. While there are various ways to prevent such a collision, here are a few simple steps you can follow when it happens:
Locate The Bird
If it was a minor incident the bird might have flown off in an instant. If it was a little more serious, the bird would most likely be underneath or close by.
Closely Monitor The Bird
Stunned birds would quietly sit, often with their wings drooped, as they recover. Allow them to mend if they seem to be resting at a safe spot, otherwise move them and apply additional care.
Observe For Injuries
If senseless, don a protective glove and gently pick the bird up to check for injuries such as broken bones, missing feathers or cuts. It may be wise to contact a bird rescue organization to ensure that the bird gets the proper medical attention.
Release After Recovery
Depending on the impact, it may take just a few minutes or up to a couple of hours for a bird to recover. Be sure that you leave it in a safe and sheltered place, and that it has regained its strength fully before allowing it to return to its environment.
There is a deep spiritual meaning whenever a bird flies into your window. Although we tend to focus on breaking down the message that the bird has brought, it is also our duty to make sure that the messenger is safe. Such an event, though not rare, may occur at a point when stress and difficulties abound, and tending over them at their time of need guarantees that our spiritual guides will never leave our side.
How To Prevent Birds From Flying Into Windows?
Despite being known for having excellent sight, it is difficult for birds to recognize glass. They see the reflection of the sky and plants, as a safe place to fly, without identifying the dangers and possible injuries it pose upon impact. Here are a few easy steps to make our windows more visible.
- Remove houseplants away from the window to prevent birds from considering them as shelter or food
- Minimize reflections by installing curtains or blinds and closing them albeit partially.
- Place plant boxes with flowers and shrubs at the base of windows to encourage birds to land in the plants for shelter instead.
- Locate birdbaths and feeders properly to provide birds with enough room to fly in and out safely.
- Allow your windows to be a tad dirty. It may reduce its appeal visually, but it will enhance its visibility.
As they are often thought of as messengers from the heavens, we should also make the environment safe for this winged creatures. Not only will this allow them to communicate with us efficiently, it would also reduce the risk of repeated bird injury.
When a bird hits your window, it means you are about to experience a positive transformation in your life. Your troubles may have yet to pass, indicated by the lack of a safe place for the bird to land, but change is quietly on its way. It is a constant reminder that with patience and never-ending faith, in God’s perfectly splendid time, all things would turn out great.
[Video] Bird in coma, but survives hitting my window
Great story about a young blackbird hitting a guy’s window. Here’s what you should you do in case you find a bird like this.