Table of Contents
If you’ve been working with your chakras or believe you may be going through a sacral
“The key to meditation is focusing on specific symbols. These symbols are the chakras.”– Frederick Lenz
- The sacral
chakrais the energy center located in the pelvic region.
- You can awaken the sacral
chakrato help balance these energies in your body.
- There are many symptoms you may experience when awakening your sacral
chakra, both psychological and physical.
Top 15 symptoms of a sacral
Think your sacral
1) Easily excited: when your sacral awakens, you may become more easily excited than usual. You’re experiencing an energetic “high,” and your view of the world is slowly changing.
Small experiences may seem much grander, and big things may seem out of this world. Use this excitement to empower yourself and pair these feelings with gratitude and appreciation.
2) Increased creativity: as this creativity begins to flow, you may start to not only want to create things but also notice a change in your thinking. You’ll be able to come up with ideas and solutions and recognize patterns more efficiently.
If you’re an artist, you may have new ideas more frequently and seem to have a breakthrough in your work. This can also translate to other areas of your life, coming up with breakthrough solutions to problems that have been left unsolved.
3) Sexual outlook: other symptoms include having a change of perception in regard to your sexuality. Instead of constantly yearning for connection, you may focus your energy inward and find ways to feel whole and complete within yourself.
4) Passionate outlook: you can direct your passions into other pursuits that allow for your creative expression and encourage your creative freedom. You’ll also notice you find pleasure in more experiences, not just ones that are immediately gratifying.
Investing time in your passions is a great way to help awaken the sacral
5) Increased pleasure: you may experience pleasure from starting a new book or beginning a new project. Since you’ll have a larger reserve of creative energies, you’re able to appreciate the process in everything that you do because you have the energy to truly enjoy each step along the way.
6) Feelings of connection: you’ll start feeling a higher sense of connection to the world around you. Your relationships may grow stronger as you’re able to tap into other people’s energy more easily.
You start viewing the world as an extension of yourself and become more mindful of the effects you have on your external reality.
7) Balancing your energies: everyone has masculine and feminine energies inside their body. These are one’s creative energies and can help manifest and transform reality.
These energies are different from hormones, which are associated with gender. Masculine and feminine energies hold functions and properties rather than gender norms.
As the sacral
8) Having fewer attachments: if you struggle with attachment issues, it’s a sign that you hold too much importance on other people or external experiences. The sacral awakening helps you direct your focus inward and care more about your support and opinion than others.
9) Letting go of old relationships: if you’ve struggled to let go of old relationships and they’ve occupied your mind and emotions, you can experience them slowly dissolving as the sacral awakens. These relationships stem from your need for connection, and when the sacral awakens, you begin to feel a sense of connection unlike ever before. We also have a post about relationships and chakras.
10) Body tingles: whenever a
You may also feel vibrations or a release of energy in this area as the
11) Higher levels of energy: when you have access to your sacral energy, you have a higher reserve of creative energy. Your creative and sexual energies are what allow you to create your reality.
When you have more creative energies, your body becomes energized, and you feel more physically awake, clear, and balanced. You have more motivation to get things done and have a higher threshold for stress.
12) More flexibility: someone whose sacral
Any issues of tightness, stiffness, or pain may dissolve.
13) Less need for physical intimacy: when your sacral
When the sacral awakens, you have a decrease in your need for intimacy, and instead of having a strong desire for it, it is just something you appreciate rather than need. This isn’t a fear of intimacy, which is also a result of having a blocked sacral
14) Less sleep: your body will require less sleep as your sacral opens. The increase in your creative energies will keep your mind energized and allow for an increased flow throughout your body.
This allows you to stay up later, work on more creative projects without getting tired, and have less of a need for sleep. You may not always be able to get by with less sleep, but if you notice your sacral awakening, don’t try to force yourself to continue to sleep in your previously normal rhythm.
Listen to your body and give it what it needs.
15) Pain in your pelvic region: you may experience pain in the pelvic region as your sacral awakens. There may be stagnant energy there, and as it becomes released, it can create pain or discomfort.
These feelings should subside quickly and shouldn’t cause too much discomfort.
Benefits of a balanced sacral
When you balance the sacral
Balancing the sacral
Artists are able to tap into their muse, get into a flow state, and create truly magnificent works of art.
We also wrote an article about the best mudras for balancing the sacral chakra.
Check out this video for more information on the sacral