The chakras are responsible for the various types of energy found throughout the body. Because energy can be directed by intent,
Table of Contents
Chakra visualization can be done in various ways, depending on what works best for you. This article will teach you four powerful
“The body never lies.”– Martha Graham
- Chakra visualization works by using your intent to direct the energies in your body.
- Chakras are frequently associated with lotus flowers and energy spirals, which can be visualized.
- Grounding is an effective visualization technique that can be applied to
Grounding is one of the first steps in balancing the chakra system, beginning with the root
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths before grounding yourself by visualizing yourself standing on the ground.
- Visualize root energy flowing into your body from beneath you as if you were absorbing nourishment from a tree’s roots.
- Feel this root energy move up your legs and spine until it reaches all of your major chakras: crown, third eye, throat, heart, solar plexus, sacral, and base.
- Visualize this energy, cleansing away any blockages or negative energies as it moves up through each
- Imagine small roots extending from the main root and pushing out stagnant energies as they enter each
- Spend a few minutes breathing deeply after the root has cleared negativity from the chakras (see more about chakra breathing here)
- Feel the earth’s energy permeate your entire being, completely grounding you.
- When you’re ready, visualize the root slowly dissolving, allowing you to walk freely among the earth.
Universal ball of light
Light is one of the universe’s most healing energies. Light can heal the
- Begin by locating a comfortable position and taking several deep breaths until you feel relaxed and centered.
- As you breathe, pay attention to the sensations in your body and imagine any tension or stress melting away with each exhale.
- Now that you’re calm and centered, it’s time to align your chakras.
- Begin by visualizing a vibrant red energy ball at the base of your spine.
- Consider it to be ablaze with the energy of life and vitality.
- Feel that energy coursing through your body, giving you strength and grounding you to the earth.
- Imagine this vibrant red ball of energy becoming brighter and brighter as it extends down into the earth.
- Imagine drawing this bright energy into your sacral
chakrawith one deep inhalation.
- As the light ball ascends, it transforms into a bright orange glow.
- Feel the energy ball energizing and empowering your sacral
- Repeat this exercise until the powerful ball of light has reached the last five chakras (see also our post about chakra light therapy)
- It changes colors as it passes through each
chakrabased on its color associations.
- When you’re finished, take a deep breath and exhale, pushing the ball of energy out through the
chakrasystem and into the earth to help anchor your energies.
“Without knowing energy, you cannot approach your soul.”– Ilchi Lee
Chakras are frequently thought to exist as energy spirals. When these spirals become stagnant, they no longer direct energy flow and can cause problems in the body, mind, and spirit.
- Allow your body to relax and enter a state of meditation.
- Close your eyes and begin deep breathing.
- Imagine bringing universal energy into your body with each breath.
- Deep breathing should be continued for a few minutes to energize your entire being.
- When you’re ready, begin with your root
- In your mind’s eye, “see” or “feel” the spiral’s stagnation.
- Imagine directing universal energy towards this
chakraspiral, causing it to move clockwise with each inhale.
- Take deep, healing breaths until the spiral begins to spin quickly. This area of your body should vibrate as it generates energy flow.
- Continue this process for the remaining chakras in your system.
When finished, all your
Chakra lotus technique
Chakras are frequently associated with lotus flowers, each with its distinct characteristics. Imagine each
- Begin by settling into a comfortable position, preferably on your back. If you feel like it, light some chakra candles)
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath in.
- Imagine a series of lotus flowers sprouting at each energy center in your
chakrasystem as you relax.
- Begin with the root
chakraand inhale universal energy into the flower.
- You notice the flower growing larger and opening its petals with each breath.
- Continue to breathe deeply and direct more energy into this lotus until it completely opens.
- When you open the lotus flowers on each
chakra, a steady energy flow enters these chakrapoints.
- Continue this process up each
chakra, observing how each lotus flower grows, blooms, and fully opens.
- After you’ve finished, take a few deep breaths to infuse the flowers with as much universal energy as possible.
“The body is the vehicle, consciousness the driver. Yoga is the path, and the chakras are the map.”– Anodea Judith
Check out this video for an audio
Visualize the different chakras
chakra (Muladhara, red color)
Imagine the energy of this
chakra (Svadhishthana, orange color)
Chakra (Manipura, yellow color)
The solar plexus
Chakra (Anahata, green color)
For heart chakra blockage symptoms click the link.
Whenever you are feeling disconnected or alone, come back to this
Chakra (Vishuddha, blue color)
Whenever you feel held back or unable to express yourself, come back to the soothing energy of this
Chakra (Ajna, indigo color)
The third eye
Whenever you feel confused or uncertain, come back to the wisdom of this
chakra (Sahaswara, violet color)
The crown chakra is associated with enlightenment and spiritual connection. Visualize a bright violet sphere at the top of your head, radiating its energy outwards. As you focus on this
Center yourself by reconnecting with your spiritual side whenever you feel lost.
You can also utilize the colors for chakra color meditation.