- Macro lens (I am using a canon body with a sigma lense, not cheap)
- Be steady
- Use the self timer or a shutter cable release
- Close up
- A flash (if possible an external one or use a tripod)
- Composition – keep the Rule of Thirds in mind and choose the background wisely
- Focusing – in macro photography it can help to have full control over focusing – especially when there is shallow depth of fields and you want to have the right part of the picture in focus.
- Macro photography techniques (lighting is the hardest part – use a very small aperture to get a sharp picture